Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Ports 1030. 1031, 1032

From: "Talisker" <Talisker () technologist com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:00:13 +0100

Matthew

Firstly, I feel you need to look at what you have running on NT, contact the
vendor and ask them.  I didnt mean that sound too patronising.
From there, or instead of, I would run a protocol analyser, to see what is
using those ports, failing that configure your IDS to detect on those ports.
The final solution (for the braver amongst us) is to turn them off and see
wait for the fallout.

What purpose do ports 1030-1032 server under WinNT Svr 4.0?  I undertand
what the ports are a far as /etc/services go, but,  I'm not sure why they
would be open under NT.  As far as I know, the ports relate to some BBN
protocol.  Will closing these ports break anything in NT?

Anyways best of luck

Andy

The opinions contained within this transmission are entirely my own, and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.