Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: The love virus....

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 10:21:46 +1000 (EST)

In some email I received from Adam Hudson, sie wrote:
Does anyone have a CheckPoint service definition (INSPECT syntax) that will
filter out packets with the "ILOVEYOU" string?  This would certainly help
our organization cut down propagating it in or out.

We do have the appropriate virus scanners on the interior cleaning it up via
files and Exchange Server, but it would be nice to halt SMTP
communications....

The problem with that is that then emails such as this would flow in
neither direction.

Darren