Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: B.O.F.

From: hermit1 <hermits () mac com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 09:17:46 -0700

I like BOF because it reports the commands as well as the attempted ports. As near as I can tell, BOF protects against 7 ports, leaving the other 65,528 open. It is not a firewall, so I installed ZoneAlarm, a free firewall that is easy for a Windoze-weenie such as myself to use. I was not sure my NT machine was at all safe, even after following all the NT security instructions I could find. I think BOF never sees any packets at all any more, which is a pity.

hermit1