Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: [High Speed Firewalls]

From: "Woeltje, Donald" <dwoeltje () sebh org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:28:17 -0600

I'll agree with you on this (well, except one point maybe; the Alteon
products have been out for awhile - a few years - but certainly not as long
as Cisco has been around). As for BigIP, it outperformed all other router
products we tested, including Cisco Load Director. But it couldn't even
touch the switching products and they were less expensive.

So, my opinion then (as well as now), is why purchase something more
expensive with lesser performance when you can get something less expensive
with greater performance. Especially if it has all the features you are
looking for. Seems like a slam-dunk to me.