Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ??? vs blackice -reply

From: "LaPane, Mike" <MGL () para-protect com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:27:41 -0500

I'm not sure how to classify NetSonar as an IDS. It's an assessment tool
(same space as S2 or Axent ESM). NetRanger is Cisco's IDS entry. Also,
what about DRAGON from NSW? Good product.

Agree on the statement that any IDS will give garbage if improperly
configured, but I don't care for RealSecure when deployed in large
scale. The console quickly becomes inundated. Hard to manage if you have
multiple masters (read, impossible), other than read-only access and
buffer logging only.

My 2 cents