Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

pcanywhere

From: "Louis Mattera" <lmattera () cwtel com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:08:31 -0500

I am having a problem getting thru my firewall at work using pcanywhere 9.0.
 Iam using a cisco router attached to a fractional t1 at work. Attached to the router is a checkpoint firewall. The ip
addresses from the firewall out ot the internet are valid tcp/ip address that can be ping'd from the internet. Behind
the firewall is my pc workstation running windows 98. I have enabled the correct ports on the firewall for pcanywhere
to work.
My problem is my pc ip address is only valid to the internal network at work not to the internet. My pc at home can not
ping my pc at work. Therefore I can not see the pcanywhere host (workstation at work) from my remote pc (pc at home).
What reading I have done so far tells me I need to do some kind of address translation at the firewall but I can not
figure it out? So I am seeking help.
Hopefully I have provided enough information to whomever responds.
The network behind the firewall is nt 4.0. Should have mentioned it sooner.
Thanks for your help. Please respond to my email lmattera () cwtel com.