Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

reverse proxy using apache

From: Scott Saxen <ssaxen () lucent com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 16:21:56 -0800

I am having problems using reverse proxy under apache 1.3.9
I have a client that wants to (being a network engineer I would call it
NAT) change the URL or what would be called 'rewrite' I think. So they want
the client side to use a url (arbitrary) and send it to the proxy server of
which would be apache, then from there it would go to a webserver, which in
turn queries some other box. The proxy server is going to sit in the dmz,
but in front of the firewall (not sure what kind of firewall and dont think
its pertinent to this question). Problem I am having is the rewrite_mod
syntax....dont know it. Does anyone have a sample configuration I could
mess around with to make this work? Much appreciated.....

ssaxen () lucent com
thanks.