Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Win98 SE Firewall?

From: "Brock, Todd A" <TB120060 () exchange DAYTONOH NCR com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:19:07 -0500

JB,

I have also been looking for something like an inexpensive
router/NAT/Firewall for home that _does not_ require a PC to be up and
running all the time.  I have noticed in several of the catalogs a 2
Ethernet port router by Bay Networks (Nortel) marketed under the "Netgear"
(home office oriented) line. The one with 2 Ethernet ports should be good
for Cable modem, they also have a serial/Ether model I think. The cost is
about $250, but you apparently get a full boar router with NAT, etc.  Has
anyone come across this router and have any experience in the "Netgear" line
from Bay?  I bought one of their 10/100 PC-Card adapters, seems to work fine
( not that this is any real endorsement).

ToDD