Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [firewall-wizards] content inspection protocol?

From: Magosanyi Arpad <mag () bunuel tii matav hu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:43:13 +0100

A levelezőm azt hiszi, hogy ark () eltex ru a következőeket írta:

nuqneH,

I am going to implement some simple network protocol for content inspection
(virus scanning only for now). Any advices on protocol selection?
What is the current status of icap, are there any specifications ready?

I am going to implement both client and server (actually just a "proxy"
to existing antivirus program) part.

CVP does not fit - i could not find any protocol specs and SDK is not
open source. BTW - any people with modern (CVP-aware) Gauntlet source
here? How does NAI solve this problem for platforms that are
supported by Gauntlet and not supported by CVP SDK?

They usually just don't support the functionality on the platform.
See sql*net on BSDi.

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból