Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: In search of the right tool(s)

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures <lists () ticm com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:49:13

Hi Marc,
two things you can do..

1. install an IDS on the inside of your networks all reporting back to a
central station (through secure channels of course). A good place to start
is at the host level. Tripwire, COPS, Realsecure, et al...

2. Install honeypots on the inside near well used servers. This might give
you a chance to catch them before they make a mess of your main resources..
goes for outside hacker too... Of course the best bit about honeypots is
the trails of incriminating evidence they can create for you.

Cheers,

Bret