Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

linux NAT or portmapping

From: gstreet () bellsouth net
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:12:09 +0000

not usre if this is the appropriate place... sorry if it's not.

I have a private network with internet access provided via dialup & a
linux box running ip masq (called "gateway").  There is a machine behind
the gateway on the private net called aires... Aires can talk to the
internet just fine via gateway.

My question..... Is there a way i can set things up so the reverse can
occur?  I want to talk to aires from the internet by telnetting to
"gateway's" IP... (my provider gives gateway the same IP every time).

Can I set it up so port xxx on gateway really goes to port y on aires?

Thanks,

Graham Street
gstreet () bellsouth net