Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: open all TCP/UDP in Gauntlet (fwd)

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:24:55 -0600 (CST)

Interesting.  Over in our logs we have a Eagle Secure Gateway machine
actually knocking on our ftp ports.  Perhaps it's not just one firewall
that has been stomped on...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Actually, if you read between the lines, this is a scary message.
My guess is that someone out there has a Gauntlet running on HP
and has been hacked; the hacker is trying to find out (without the
manual) what they need to do to make the firewall open itself up.

mjr.
----

ark () eltex ru wrote:

--
        admin & senior consultant:  darkstar.sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!