Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Paper on why I need a security Assessment

From: "Moore, James" <James.Moore () MSFC NASA GOV>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:14:58 -0600

Sounds like you're talking about risk management - that's the "why" for
doing a security assessment. I'd recommend you take a look at some of the
material at NIST's website first. They have done some good work, and their
material is free of vendor/consultant bias - your tax dollars at work :).

If you're interested go to: http://csrc.nist.gov and search for the
following documents:

NIST Special Publication 800-18,
NIST Special Publication 800-12, (see Chap 7 for an overview, Chap 20 for a
case study)

Jim Moore
256.461.4381

----------- PGP PUBLIC KEY FINGERPRINT ------------
1D9C 3AC3 34E6 EEDF 22B9  7886 7797 6908 048F 049B