Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Enterprise Security Management - Dream or reality

From: Maddy <mwlalex () magix com sg>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:10:48 +0800

Hi all,

I have a dream to build an Enterprise Security Management for my
organization. The capability expected are

1. monitoring events from firewalls, IDS, web servers, NT and HPUX
servers
2. centralized user management for remote file/directory mgt, single
sign-on and password distribution mgt.
3. Customizable reporting and notification
4. web-browser inteerface for a unified/integrated console

I will be looking at Pentasafe's Security Manager, Arthur Anderssen's
OneView and perhaps a few others. I was told that there is not such
single umbrella product currently on the market and that I will have
write some software to integrate existing products.

I would like the expert opinions on this and pls let me know if I am
just plain dreaming or it can be a reality. Fyi, I am willing to go that
extra mile to create that integration software and so, pls let me know
your ideas/suggestions on this too.

Thks a million in advance !

Rgds
Maddy