Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: securid authentication transparent to radius?

From: "LeGrow, Matt" <Matt_LeGrow () NAI com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:47:28 -0800

Thomas,

The proxy will probably be able to handle the basic authorization
transactions.  But the important thing is that it has to handle
RADIUS challenges.  The SecurID protocol can allow for multiple
challenges over the same session in certain circumstances (next
tokencode, setting a user PIN, etc) so the RADIUS proxy needs to
handle those situations to be 100% "SecurID compliant".

We used to test RADIUS challenge-response by using the Livingston
RADIUS server (used to be at ftp://ftp.lucent.com) and trying to use
the presupplied sample menus for login.  They use the RADIUS
challenge-response capabilities to carry user menus with different
authentication options back to the NAS.  So if your proxy can carry
those responses back to the NAS you should be okay for SecurID.

Matt LeGrow
Network Associates, Inc.
Note : Opinions expressed herein are most certainly NOT that of my