Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Client Encryption: Failed to generate reply

From: Jack Coates <jcoates () rainfinity com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:50:41 -0700

Hi Greg,

As I understand it, FWZ keys aren't synchronized by the CPFW-1 gateway
cluster object, so it won't work with the nice transparent failover
functions. You can do FWZ with non-transparent failover by using sticky
IPs, though it's not the most scalable solution. Best thing is to use
that as a stopgap and start migrating to IPSec.

HTH,
--
Jack Coates, Rainfinity SE
t: 408-382-4860 m: 650-280-4376

Greg Polanski wrote:

I have just completed an installation and configuration
of Rainwal 1.3, build 38 on Solaris 2.7 and Checkpoint 4.1 SP2.
Hide NAT and SecuRemote IP Pools are working.

The secret for SecuRemote is adding the phrase,
        :ip_pool_vpn (true)
to objects.C (page 250 of the Jan 2000 VPN manual.)

IKE Hybrid authentication works with SecurID.

FWZ authentication fails
FW log:
        reason Client Encryption:
        Failed to generate reply to client request

User's desktop
        Error:  No answer received from a Firewall at site ....
        If this problem persists, please contact your system
        administrator.

Where should I look to fixing VPN for FWZ users?

greg

Greg Polanski                    mailto:greg_polanski () adc com
ADC Telecommunications, Inc.     952-946-2270
MS 85                            952-946-2465 FAX
PO Box 1101                      612-538-1833 pager
Minneapolis, MN  55440-1101      6125381833 () minncommpaging com