Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ICMP / Ping

From: "Yoann LeCorvic" <yoann.lecorvic () infrasoft-civil com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:53:15 +0000

I don't know a lot about Cisco Pix in particualr but in general firewall support Stateful filtering.

I enabled ICMP Stateful from inside.

This means that the firewall lets the ICMP request from inside through and open a door for the reply to com in, but
ICMP request from outside will be dropped.

Hope this helps

Yoann Le Corvic - Internet Administrator
Email : yoann.lecorvic () infrasoft-civil com
Web : http://www.infrasoft-civil.com/
========================
Infrasoft Ltd
North Heath Lane
Horsham, West Sussex RH12 5QE
United Kingdom
Tel : +44 (0)1403 259511
Fax : +44 (0)1403 217728

Chris <puetzc () yahoo com> 29/08/00 17:53:44 >>>
On a Cisco Pix - how can I configure it that only the
inside network clients can ping to the outside but no
one on the outside can ping my network?

The standard command for both ways is the
conduit permit icmp any any

I am not sure how to do it the way I need it? Is this
recommended at all?

Thanks everyone!

Chris