Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Linux rinetd and NT IIS logging (synch)

From: Keith Morgan <kmorgan () imixinc com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:41:58 -0400

Hey, thanks a bunch.

This worked like a charm.  I had considered this before and had trouble with
the ipmasqadm documentation.  The part that I had failed to think of was the
masquerading of the return packets from the webserver through the firewall.

This configuration basically allows me to perform static NAT through linux.
With my background being checkpoint, I saw this as a major limitation of
linux.  Now 'aaah haayave SEEEEN the light!'.

The built-in load balancing is a major plus as well.

Thanks again.

-Keith Morgan
siglite () imixinc com