Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Re: Anti-Defacement Products...

From: "Staggs, Michael" <Michael_Staggs () NAI com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:41:13 -0700

The NAI (now PGP, inc) CyberCop Monitor has web page or any other file
protection/back-up.

You select the files you want protected and the Cop makes a backup copy of
those files. If "illegal" file access occurs, the Cop rewrites the backup
over the original. Getting the "illegal" settings config'ed is the hardest
part- most folks think that admin access should be legal for changes, they
make some other kind of mistake (like not patching IIS or leaving an FTP
write unpassworded/weak passworded) and then someone has admin that
shouldn't. File access by that per is now legal. So this is not the panacea
that marketing types want you to think. It takes a little planning and is
still no substitute for keeping up on exploits/patches or regular log
dredgeing- that tedious but essential stuff we all love so well.

It is, however, useful as another layer or safety device to assist in making
our lives as admins easier.

You can doenload it at www.nai.com. Go to the top of the page, click
"download updates now". Select corp user and nav through the info garbage
using user "licensed" and password "321". Play to your heart's content.

TIP- When doing the info page answers, keep your node count small. Few sales
types will bug you if you look small. Call them up at your own convenience
if you want to see more or buy.

Good luck keeping the bad guys out.

MJ