Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

lameness

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:33:31 -0400

In the category of "ought to know better...." I got this E-mail
today from Network Solutions. I own a bunch of domains. I suspect
a lot of you who read this list do. I suspect you'll all be
happy to know that they've created you an E-mail account under
your name, with a totally predictable user-name and password. :-P

The risks should be obvious. These are the guys who are running
the DNS. They should know something about security. :(