Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Testing Firewalls

From: kris.van.opstaele () be arthurandersen com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:34:54 +0100

wongcm () vone com my wrote :

I'm looking for any tools which may help me determine the stability of a
firewall-1 running on Solaris. I'm not after port scanners (nmap is great)
or systems security checks tools. I'm looking for tools which can perhaps
stimulate high traffic clients from a single workstation (i.e. maybe
stimulate thousands of client connectivity - legal or illegal). Any pointers
where I can obtain such tool/s would be great.

Take a look at the website of Mercury Interactive (www.merc-int.com).
They have a product, called 'Astra Loadtest',  which should do more or
less what you want to test :

"Astra LoadTest is the easiest way to test scalability and performance
of Web applications. With Astra LoadTest, you can emulate the traffic
of thousands of real users to identify and isolate bottlenecks and
optimize user experience. "

Product information can be found on :
http://www.merc-int.com/products/astraloadtest.html
and apparently, there is also a possibility to download a trial version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kris Van Opstaele

Computer Risk Management
Arthur Andersen

Tel: (+32) 2 545 32 70
Fax: (+32) 2 545 31 99

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.