Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Reverse proxy, Squid??

From: Till Franke <franke () suse de>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:38:34 +0100

Hello Firewall Wizards,

you were discussing various reverse proxies earlier - I wanted to ask
about experiences with the Squid proxy cache used as a reverse proxy or
http accelerator.

Is Squid generally considered a `secure' daemon to run on a machine that
is accessible from an insecure net? There are few security advisories
concerning Squid that I found, but that may be related to the fact that
it is usually used as a normal proxy.

Thanks in advance,
        Till.
--

Till Franke                                       SuSE Rhein/Main AG
Tel.: 06196 / 50951-22                          Mergenthalerallee 45-47