Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Ouside and inside firewall network adaptor on the same net?

From: Axel Schwarz <schwarz () hilton rwth-aachen de>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:48:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

seems that I am to stupid to understand:

Is the following possible:

I have a fibre network connection to my provider. The router
lives on 137.225.44.254 and I have a netmask of 255.255.255.0.
Now I have a linuxbox sitting at 137.225.44.29 (eth0) directly
connected to the router and with 137.225.44.252 connected to a internal
network. the computers in the internal network use addresses
from 137.224.44.2 to 137.224.44.200.
Now the question: Can I use this setup with the linuxbox as a
firewall/router, without masquerading?
and what routings / ip-chains do I have to set?

thanks in advance

Axel

PS: Forgive me, but I am not subscribed to this list. Can you please send
me answers per CC ? Thanks!

--

Axel Schwarz

Axel.Schwarz () hilton rwth-aachen de or A.Schwarz () fz-juelich de

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Germany

Phone:  +49 241 9890380 (private)