Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: "Proactive" Password Checking

From: "REID FOX" <reidfox () direct ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:06:29 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
To: jimrski () san rr com <jimrski () san rr com>
Cc: owner-firewall-wizards () lists nfr net
<owner-firewall-wizards () lists nfr net>
Date: Friday, November 05, 1999 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: "Proactive" Password Checking

Just got a strange request from the boss about password checking.
Now do not get me wrong, when the boss says he wants to be more
security conscience I get excited especially when he backs it up with
money.  Now I need your all's help.
  He said that he read an article about a piece of software, that
runs on NT, that automatically checks passwords every so often or
however often you schedule it.  However, he can not remember where he
saw the article or what the software is.  Do you all have any idea?
TIA,
Jim Raykowski        San Diego, CA
jimrski () san rr com   MCSE, MCP. MCP + I

Take a look at this
 http://sunsite.bcc.bilkent.edu.tr/pub/infosystems/sambaftp/pwdump/
Reid