Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

L-3 Network Security Retriever and Expert

From: Bostjan Peterca <bostjan.peterca () hermes si>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:05:30 +0200

In Secure Computing Magazine I have read about L-3 Network Security tools,
but after reading the articles I am still confused. What the magazine writes
about can be either yet another network security scanner (Retriever) or
something which will take ISS another year or two or three to come up with
(Expert).

Does anyone have experience with Retriever and especially Expert (developed
from Trident Information Protection Toolkit)? How do they compare to
scanners from ISS or Axent. Is Expert for example able to map a change in
the configuration of a firewall to overall impact or something like
annualized loss expectancy?

Regards,

Bostjan