Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Port 2301; Address 129.70.136.250

From: "Bill Pennington" <bpennington () lucidnetworks com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 21:59:57 -0700

Port 2301 is used for the Compaq Insight Management Web Agents. Most likely
installed if you used the included Smart Start CD. It broadcast so that
other Compaq servers know that it is web enabled. Go to this URL
http://yourserver:2301 It will give you all sorts of management info. drive
space CPU utilization etc etc. If this server is on the Internet I would
recommend disabling the Compaq Web Agents. You do this by disabling the
service in control panel.

As for the other issue I have no clue. Doesn't look good though.

Bill Pennington
Consultant
Lucid Networks