Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Nokia firewall solution

From: "Lee, Gary" <gmlee () mail bokf com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:04:07 -0600

Does anyone have experience with the Nokia IP400 Series Integrated
router/firewall?

Currently, we are using an NT-based Checkpoint fw-1 and are considering
installing a 1) 2nd "primary" NT-based fw-1 for inbound web services access,
and 2) 3rd fw-1 to serve as a backup/failover firewall for our current
primary fw-1, using software such as Stonebeat.   On the surface, it appears
the Nokia (Unix BSD) router/firewall (which runs fw-1) could easily handle
the additional web traffic, removing the need for an additional primary
firewall, and could be configured with another Nokia box to provide load
balancing as well as hardware-based failover.  In effect, we would be
installing 2 Nokia router/firewall boxes in lieu of 3 NT-based firewalls
plus some type of redundancy/failover software.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Gary Lee
gmlee () mail bokf com