Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Windows NT

From: John Appel <JAppel () sphere com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:43:55 -0500

The best single source is Steve Sutton's paper at
http://www.trustedsytems.com/NSAGuide.htm. It's very complete WRT setting
appropriate ACLS on both files and the registry, and points out a number of
other areas of concern.

Also, I highly recommend Gene Schultz's Basic and Advanced NT Security
courses (he teaches them for SANS & CSI).  I had the opportunity to take the
Advanced course last June and he went into considerable depth.

FWIW, Microsoft is supposed to be offering an NT security course via their
training network, but I haven't heard any details about what it will cover.

John

John Appel
Senior Systems Engineer
Sphere Solutions Inc.