Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

add me to your mailing list pls

From: Dan White <dwhite () ghg net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 08:47:27 -0700

Greetings,

    Intersting piece on the death of firewalls by Forrester and the
anaolgies to bridges by Stephen and David. Per, Forrester,i guess i
should cancel my Nokia
and Raptor installs in July, huh NAhhh.  I think IDS systems are
analogous to a
150K video motion control system I designed where the poles weren't in
my
scope.Course I encouraged the facilities contractor to get poles with
adequate
bulk modulous, tensile strength.etc, but they were interested in cost. I

reminded them that the peak winds in Wales where this prison was being
built reach 70 mph. Last I heard, the guards turned the damn system off
cause everytime the wind blew, the poles moved, and the cameras sensed
movement.

    Preparation for system services thru a firewall and appropriate
tuning
of the IDS corrspondingly are alway an intersting corollary.

Regards,

Dan White