Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Extreme Hacking

From: Aleph One <aleph1 () underground org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:10:58 -0700

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 04:26:55PM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Hacking isn't a technological problem, it's a social problem.
As such, it's not going to be "solved" by technological means,
but rather by social means. I'm pretty sure that the best way
to reduce the amount of hacking is _not_ to glorify it, charge
people money to learn it, and hire people as consultants for
lots of money because they have hacking backgrounds. The only
way I can think of to make hacking unattractive is to make it
really really expensive when you get caught.

Somewhat like guns heh? [ Ducks ]

( Sorry Marcus, could not resists ;-) )

--
Aleph One / aleph1 () underground org