Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Solaris 2.6 syslod dies on SIGHUP

From: john_smith () rd qms com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 08:40:53 -0500

          On a partially related note (and word of warning) daemons in
     Solaris 7 occassionally die for no apparent reason.  No warnings or
     errors in the logs or on the console they just die.

          We've seen inetd, syslogd and named (public BIND, not the bundled
     named) die on different Solaris 7 machines but haven't seen any
     symptoms to try and track down.

     Thanks,

     John Smith