Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: central firewall auditing software

From: Luciano Notarfrancesco <core.lists.firewall-wizards () core-sdi com>
Date: 14 Jul 1999 19:51:38 -0300

Larry,
We at Core-SDI are working in such a tool. It's part of the ALAT
(Advanced Logging and Auditing Techniques) project. If you are
interested on betatesting this, please tell me. There will be a beta
soon (within this month, I believe). The beta version will include
support for syslog logs, and adding support for other logs is intended
to be very easy.

Luciano.-

Ogrodnek, Larry wrote:

Hey, I've been asked to come up with a system that will centralize logging
information from a bunch of firewalls and store it in a single database
somewhere so that later people can search/access it from another app or the
web or whatever.  The firewall machines are running different operating
systems and the firewalls themselves are from different vendors.

Is there currently a product out there that can just take arbitrary logging
information (in case a year from now we want to do the same thing with the
web servers) and centralize it to a database or machine securely?

I haven't found anything out there that meets all of our needs.  There have
been a few products that only work with a certain firewall, and many more
products that only work with Windows NT events, etc...

If anyone has seen/heard of any such system or has come across a similar
need, I would appreciate any pointers you could give.

thanks,
larry

Larry.Ogrodnek () dowjones com