Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

IPsec VPN to DMZ and LAN

From: Bill Stout <Bill.Stout () AristaSoft com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:30:24 -0700

Hi All,

I have a slight problem.  For a VPN implementation I chose SonicWalls as
IPsec VPN devices because of IPsec availability (PIX ain't got it yet), and
low cost when scaling to multiple sites.  Now I want to do a internal LAN to
a systems management LAN Co-Location site (Exodus ) VPN, and our and the
Exodus DMZs to multiple customers.

Therefore we wanted the three-port SonicWall (Pro model) to VPN two networks
at each site to others.  Boom.  DMZ port doesn't support IPsec (whoda
thought?).

So, who's next?  I want hardware devices, since for customers only one port
is used (1694), and a whole tunnel is made between our LAN and the inside of
servers at the Co-Lo site.

For now I could put a hub between the external routers and use two internal
SonicWalls I guess, unless I find replacement hardware.

Bill Stout