Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: WinNT and Firewall-1

From: David LeBlanc <dleblanc () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:18:26 -0500

At 10:03 PM 1/21/99 PST, John Kozubik wrote:

I am preparing to install a Firewall-1 (v.4.0) box on Windows NT
(v.4.0SP3 + hotfixes).  The catch is that it will have 4 network
interfaces (2 full Ts and 2 ethernet).  My concern is that NT will

I'll add my $0.02 - I'd run SP4, not SP3 + hotfixes.  There are so many
hotfixes that it is easy to miss one, and SP4 has them all, plus has been
regression tested.  Very stable for me, YMMV.  There are also some
security-related fixes that are only in SP4.  As always, test this in your
environment.

David LeBlanc
dleblanc () mindspring com