Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: UDP Port 137 - Now TCP 143

From: Cristiano Lincoln Mattos <lincoln () hotlink com br>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 01:47:34 -0200 (EDT)

Hi,

        TCP port 143 is the IMAP port.  There was a vulnerabilty which
when exploited would allow remote root access, in the University of
Washington IMAP server (the most popular one), a few months ago.  Exploit
scripts were widely spread around the kiddie community, and tool's to
scan for site's with it too.  You're probably being hit by one of those
scans.

Cristiano Lincoln Mattos                           Recife / Brazil