Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: security stances --- starting point for generic security poli cy

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:53:48 -0500

Do you know what your partner's security policy is?  How much time and
effort do they spend on enforcement?  Who else is linking up with them
in this fashion?  Most managers go white with fear when they discover
that the remote party can't answer these questions to assess risks.
(Note: If you can't verify the answers to these questions, you are in
fact unable to demonstrate how this link is different than simply
linking the public internet past your internal security permiter.)

Adam

--
                                                       -Hume