Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Response to door knocking

From: Amos Hayes <ahayes () polkaroo net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:42:38 -0500 (EST)

Paul D. Robertson wrote:

I don't know anyone who doesn't have difficulty deciding how to react to
door-knocking.

Perhaps expanding on the analogy of "door knocking" would be useful. Is
there anywhere that people can actually be prosecuted for knocking on a
door? Assuming the door is on the outside of your house and is a division
between a commonly accepted 'private' area and a 'public' one, is there
any crime involved in knocking on it? Repeated knocks maybe? Trying the
doorknob?

Do you think you could build a sensor and anvil system that could
guarantee that the wrong person wouldn't get flattened? I don't. That's
what the door is for. I try to remember to keep it closed and I only let
friends and family in.

--
Amos Hayes
ahayes () polkaroo net                  Ingenia Group - Software Kinetics Ltd.