Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: AS400 ports

From: "daN." <dan () nesmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:51:01 -0800

Joseph,

        That kind of depends on what applications you want to let through, If your
AS/400 is running a newer version of DB400 it will have an IP stack, in
which case you are probably talking about either a telnet connection or an
HTTP session for database queryies/data entry/terminal sessions  etc.. If
you are running an older version of DB400 then you are probably running
your terminal sessions over an SNA server (such as microsoft SNA server) in
which case I'm not sure what ports it uses sorry..