Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Y2K compliance in Gauntlet and Other NT based FWs

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:01:20 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 09:31:43PM -0500, Bruce B. Platt wrote:

I have little familiarity with Gauntlet for NT.

I am prompted to ask the following question since I have been asked to
verify the Y2K compliance of a prospective customers production Unix
systems in preparation for moving them to a new location.

Their Gauntlet FW will move as well.

Out of curiosity, I checked the Network Associates Web site to see what
versions of Gauntlet for NT are Y2K compliant.  The web-site states simply
that Versions 3.0, 3.01, 5.0 and 5.5 are Y2k compliant.

No mention of which if any Win/NT Service Packs are required.

I would assume that Win/NT SP4 (at a minimum) is required based on other
experience with Win/NT and FWs.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Bruce B. Platt, Ph.D.
Comport Consulting Corporation
78 Orchard Street
Ramsey, New Jersey 07446
Ph: 201-236-0505   Fax: 201-236-1335

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B