Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Speaking of ssh->pop

From: Brian Hatch <ssh () ifokr org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:42:47 -0600

I be ssh challenged.  How do I setup the server
side to accept ssh tunnels and forward them to
the pop server?

On the client, all we have to do is follow
Crispin's nice little script:

#!/bin/sh
ssh -C -l crispin -f \
        -L 6666:your.mail.server:110 \
        your.mail.server xbiff -geom +17+690

Now, what do I have listening at port 110 on
the remote end, POP or ssh?

Your (recently upgraded ;-) popper, running
out of inetd as normal.

If people should only be able to connect to it
via the ssh forward, tcpd wrap it to accept connections
only from localhost and 'your.mail.server' above.

--
Brian Hatch                "Zathras warned,
   Systems and              but no one listen

Every message PGP signed