Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Deciphering MS Proxy Logs

From: Predrag Zivic <pzivic () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:12:37 -0800 (PST)

I have tested log-reporting products, and I have to
say that in the log-report tests I did with WebTrends
and Raptor Firewall, WebTrends "forgot", anywhere from
6% to 12% of log lines. I have to admit that the log
files were big...
Anyway, another test with Telemate.Net product was
more successful and I did not have to transfer files
using ftp or scp from a firewall to the log server.
Telemate.net supports Microsoft Proxy server.
Maybe, what one should do is test both products and
select the product which fits better within the given
environment or is more reliable or comply with ones'
requirements better.
Just a suggestion, since I did not have such a good
experience with WebTrends...

Pez