Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: CA/RA packages for SSL and IPSEC

From: Vin McLellan <vin () shore net>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:56:50 -0400

        My recollection is that when Baltimore first opened their offices in
the States a couple of years ago, they were selling their CA at a flat rate
(revolutionary in a market of per-cert pricing).  I never knew how they were
pricing support, but I presume that was additional.

         If that is still the case with Baltimore's UniCert CA, they are not
trumpeting the fact on their web site:
<http://www.baltimore.com/products/index.html>  I would be grateful if
someone could correct me, if I am wrong, or otherwise inform us of the
mysteries of CA pricing.  Anyone have any experience with this or various
other alternative CA pricing schemes?

        Suerte,
                       _Vin