Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Port 5767

From: Tina Bird <tbird () secnetgroup com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:10:47 -0500

Wow, Ryan, now you've reminded me.  It was never a released version
of ARCserve, it was an early beta that wanted to contact home to
dump debugging information.  It was running on about half of the
NT servers at my old job, and generating millions of firewall alarms
(okay, that might be an exaggeration) until I managed to convince the
LAN administrators that it had >something< to do with backups.