Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Router management with FW-1

From: lart () hacksec org
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 19:14:55 -0500 (EST)

On 30 Mar, Sandy Green wrote:
:  This is about the router management feature
:  provided with the Checkpoint's firewall.
:
:  First, is that how do they write into the access-list
:  of the router. Is it telnet or via snmp ?

Depends on the type of router being managed.  For Cisco,
it's telnet.  If it's a Bay^H^H^HNortel Networks Router,
it's SNMP.  I forget what 3Com and Steelhead use.

:  second when the rules are installed or dumped on
:  the router , is it the inspect code that is dumped or
:  plainn ascii text as needed by the access-list.
:  ( I am asking this because if it is inspect then
:  is there a co-operation between cisco and
:  checkpoint ?

Plain old access-list statements.

:  and third , are there any other ffirewalls by which we
:  can dump rules into the routers.

None that I know of, at least in a way as automated as Check
Point does it.

--
                           Lart <lart () hacksec org>
                       Technologist, Cryptonerd, Human