Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Tristrata (was RE: Port funnels?)

From: "Stout, Bill" <StoutB () pioneer-standard com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:14:03 -0400

Thank you Marcus, Bret, for cautioning me.  I didn't know about the info you
gave me.  I'll take youses word for it, but will dig for supporting material
also.

It's SDK anyway, requiring expensive manhours trying to integrate someone
elses' apps to it.  And it uses that evil key escrow, though K.E. turns out
to be useful when outsourcing applications.

In September 1998 Paul Wahl from SAP took the CEO position, which was Dr.
John Atalla, who still serves as Chairman.  Unfortunately the security
stumbles of the company will leave a black mark on Dr. Atalla.  However here
in Silicon Valley, it's not unusual to see the old guard make insanely dumb
mistakes on their own, either as a result of complacency, or from wearing
too many hats at once.

Bill