Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing.

From: Andrew_Bernoth () advantra com au
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:37:41 +1000

Hi,

I currently work for an outsourcing company.  We do look after a number of
firewalls for our customers.
In some instances we have been required, (thanks to sales), to put modems
on the back of our equipment.
At which point we ensure that the modem is not powered up, nor connected to
the analogue line all the time.
If we have a support issue we call a contact at the site who switches the
modem on and connects it to the
phone line.  One ingenious company put the modem on a 2 hour timer switch,
they push the button, we have
2 hours to fix the problem before the modem looses power.

David Morrison <dmarriso () spacestar net> on 28/04/99 02:36:52 PM

Please respond to David Morrison <dmarriso () spacestar net>