Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Guaranteed Anonymous Identifier (was Privacy (Was Re: Rant (Was R e: ...FTP...)))

From: "Stout, Bill" <StoutB () pioneer-standard com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:47:26 -0400

It's possible to have a signed unique anonymous identifier, which can't be
matched to an individual.  SSL links to anonymous accounts on PGP-enhanced
web mail might be all that's needed (with random delayed send to frustrate
CALEA sniffers).  The more unique anonymous identifiers you have, the
stronger your anonymity - a much different situation than the SSN, which
because it is matched to everything you own, guarantees a lack of privacy.

Of course rant and grammer style identifies one also, so a literary 'proxy'
(drop-down phrases?) would be needed as well.

Bill Stout