Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: strange checkpoint behaviour on NT4.0

From: Jennifer Galvin <jgalvin () digex net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 18:11:43 -0400 (EDT)

While installing checkpoint v3.0a on NT4.0, the already  preinstalled
license(evaluation one) does not get installed and hence I am not even
able to add a new license as well.

        Try it from the command line

        fw putlic <license string here>

        If that doesn't work, or if those didn't install right from the
beginning, you'll probably have to just uninstall and try again, else
format and start the procedure all over again:

        1)  Install NT
        2)  Install SNMP (optional)
        3)  Install Service Pak 3
        4)  Install HotFixes
        5)  Install Checkpoint

This happened in at least two Nt hosts, although I did install FW-1 on
the hosts a few months back. but then i tried to later on tried on a
another NT server and it was fine.
can anyone tell me as to what is wrong on the other two NT hosts where
we were unable to install the FW.

also the only change that I did with the new NT servers was that I
gave the NIC cards different IP addresses. also it is recalling the
old IP addresses, i guess from a registry entry. does any one know
which is the "Registry Entry".

        Did you change the ip addresses in the firewall objects
themselves?  If not, that's your problem.  In the Security Policy, go to
Manage Network Objects and select the one that is your firewall.  Change
the ip address that was changed in that object, and under the interfaces
tab, make sure that they all match up, else change them.  If you have SNMP
installed, you can just do a GET.

Hope this helps!
Jennifer Galvin