Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1: Questions about DHCP and IPX

From: "Jason L. Snowden" <Jason.Snowden () f-15 wpafb af mil>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:08:55 -0400

BM seems to be a great idea but people that use it say it is very buggy
and unstable still..

Well, I have hammered on it heavily, and we are about to bring it up as our
single point of entry/exit for the Internet, and I would never consider doing
that if it wasn't stable.

BTW, I lost my bookmark for the FW-1 details, I am tracking down the page
again, and as soon as I find it and verify it isn't for AF.MIL access only I
will send it along to the list.  I was partially wrong, and partially right.
CheckPoint is an Israeli company, however it has been confirmed by the Israeli
Gov't and the US Gov't that there were a couple Iraqi infiltrators working on
the original code, and that is good enough for my base's comm group to ban its
use.  Currently they recommend SideWinder.

Jason L. Snowden, CNE-4.11

Jason L. Snowden
Contractor, Frontier Applied Sciences
F-15 DSO Info Mgt (ASC/FBAPI)