Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Acceess to the Web server, which is behind the firewall

From: Eduardo.Martin () icex es
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:03:44 +0100

Hi,

I have some Web servers, which are on the same computer, but have some
virtual hostnames. This computer is behind the firewall.
I would like users from Internet to access these Web servers, but I
don't
want to open direct access to this computer.

Anybody knows any software, I can install on the bastion host, which
will
work as a 'pipe' to the internal Web server?

What you're talking about is a reverse-proxy. Two options I know: Squid
running in accelerator mode and Netscape Proxy Server in reverse-proxy
mode (or secure reverse-proxy mode if HTTPS is needed).

Hope this helps.
Eduardo.